How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for hospitalised cyclists

    Lorries, cars, buses, coaches – all of these vehicles could hit you whilst you’re cycling your bike, and the potential for serious injury is greater when you’re riding a bike than when you’re driving a car or other vehicle.

    Cyclists are at risk of serious injury if involved in an accident, from head injuries to broken bones, and hospitalised cyclists could claim personal injury compensation if the driver is responsible for the accident.

    If you’ve been knocked off your bike by a car, hit by a lorry or forced to swerve off the road by an overtaking transit van, Accident Advice Helpline can help you to claim the compensation you deserve. Even what seems like a minor accident could lead to serious injuries for a cyclist, who doesn’t have the protection of a vehicle to keep them safe from harm.

    Hospitalised cyclists have three years to make a claim for personal injury compensation, so it’s important to act quickly, so you don’t miss the opportunity to make a claim. For advice, call our team of expert personal injury advisors today.

    Should you claim?

    If you’re avoiding claiming personal injury compensation because you feel guilty or are concerned about having to go to court – stop right there. The good news is that most personal injury claims nowadays are settled out of court, and there’s no need to feel guilty about making a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    After all, if the other person had not been driving dangerously, you wouldn’t have been injured. So you have every right to make a claim for compensation for your pain and suffering. It could be that you’re struggling to pay your household bills after taking time off work to recover from your injuries – why should you suffer financially whilst the driver responsible for the accident gets off scott-free?

    You could receive compensation which could help you to pay those household bills and still have some left over for medical expenses and any other bills you may have to cover.

    We’re here to help

    Claiming personal injury compensation shouldn’t be a battle, which is why you need a reputable personal injury lawyer to represent you. Choose a law firm with experience handling personal injury claims – we have been in the industry for 15 years and have hundreds of satisfied customers; we’ve also been endorsed by our patron, Dame Esther Rantzen.

    We’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve, so call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 today.

    Date Published: June 27, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Cycling accident claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.