How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for home carer requirements

    Anyone suffering from a serious illness or injuries might need hospital care to begin with. However, there could come a time when they can go home, provided they can have home care while they are there. This allows them to be treated in an appropriate manner and yet still be able to live in their own home as well.

    Different people will have different home carer requirements depending on their needs. For example someone might need help getting up in the morning and going to bed at night, but in the meantime they could be fine to cope on their own. Others will need more immediate help at all times. It all depends on the nature of their illness or injury.

    Who might be entitled to claim compensation for home carer requirements?

    You’d normally hear about people claiming compensation for accidents, injuries or illnesses that were caused by another person, or by some sort of negligence. However, compensation could be claimed if you require home care for a reason that was not of your doing.

    Imagine for example someone contracts mesothelioma – a cancer caused by asbestos exposure – because they were exposed to that substance over a period of time in their workplace. This type of disease will very likely lead to the person needing some degree of care in order to manage as best they can in their lifetime. If this includes having home care, the cost of that care could be accounted for in any compensation claim that person makes.

    Making sure you claim what you can

    Seeking the help of a professional compensation lawyer is imperative at this stage. Knowing how to cope with such a claim is difficult if you don’t have expert knowledge to go on. By hiring a lawyer to help you – especially on a no win, no fee** basis – you can get the advice you need and let them handle the entire situation on your behalf.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline handles claims for accidents and illnesses that are caused through negligence. All you need to do is to call us on 0800 689 0500 and find out whether you have the opportunity to make a no win, no fee** claim with the assistance of one of our lawyers. Take control of your situation now and seize the chance to see if you could claim for home care requirements.

    Date Published: September 24, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.