How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for holiday park food poisoning

    Food poisoning can be an extremely debilitating illness but it can be much worse if it is developed while on holiday. Visiting a holiday park is a great day out for the whole family and the last thing that anyone wants is a bout of food poisoning. There may not be a doctor nearby or you may be unaware where to seek medical attention.

    It may also cost you money to seek medical help and it may even become necessary to come home early which could cost more money. It may also be the case that the food poisoning does not subside after a few days therefore you may need time off work after returning home to get better. Some people also suffer complications if they have an underlying illness or they have consumed a lot of contaminated food.

    If you have booked a holiday with a UK company, you can make a complaint to the holiday provider. They should then carry out an inspection of the food business at the holiday park or hotel and ensure that other holidaymakers do not suffer the same illness.

    If you have contacted the holiday provider and they do not appear to be doing much to rectify the situation or they have not offered you any means of apology, you may want to pursue compensation for holiday park food poisoning.

    Compensation claims from a holiday provider

    It is relatively straightforward to claim compensation from a holiday company, provided that you booked your package in the UK. If you have consumed food from a restaurant that has failed to put the hygiene regulations into practice, then you could win a cash payout for your suffering. Where there is evidence that negligence took place, you may wish to make contact with a representative such as Accident Advice Helpline to pursue a compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to get in touch

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we understand that food poisoning on holiday can be extremely distressing, particularly if your children also fall ill. If you wish to pursue compensation for holiday park food poisoning or you have been abroad and fell ill after eating at a hotel restaurant, you can get in touch with our team.

    Our helpline is available to call 24/7 and we also have an online contact form which you can use. There is also a 30-second test on our website which will give you an idea of how successful your claim could be. Get in touch today and take advantage of the no win, no fee* service we offer all of our clients.

    Date Published: January 20, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.