How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for high street trips and falls

    Shopping on the high street isn’t necessarily where you’ll find the best bargains nowadays, but the local high street is still usually seething on the weekends when people meet their friends for lunch or a coffee or check out the latest fashions in their favourite stores.

    When you’re busy shopping, being involved in an accident is probably the last thing on your mind. So it may come as a surprise to you that high street trips and falls are actually surprisingly common.

    In fact, here at Accident Advice Helpline we have helped hundreds of customers claim personal injury compensation for high street trips and falls since 2000 and we could help you too – on a 100% no win, no fee* basis.

    What’s caused your trip?

    Tripping over after one glass of wine too many isn’t likely to win you a personal injury settlement, but if your accident has been caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could make a claim for compensation. Here are some of the claims we have dealt with over the last 15 years:

    • Tripping on a cracked paving stone
    • Falling after catching your heel on a broken kerb
    • Trips caused by loose paving
    • Potholes leading to a trip and fall
    • Hazards left in the street such as workmen’s tools or an open manhole cover
    • Falling in or out of a shop – caused by broken/loose steps or flooring

    If your accident has occurred on a shop’s premises, such as falling out of a shop onto the high street, the shop owner could be responsible for your injuries, whether you have suffered a serious head injury or twisted your ankle. However if you’ve been injured on the high street itself, the local council could be at fault.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It’s their responsibility to ensure that pavements and roads in their area are maintained to a safe standard, so if a cracked paving stone or pothole has led to your injuries, get in touch with us to see if you could make a claim – make sure you don’t wait too long as there’s a three-year time limit in place.

    How much compensation will you get?

    There’s no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to compensation settlements, but your damages will take into account your pain and suffering as well as any financial losses – for example if you’ve taken time off work and lost earnings, this will be accounted for.

    Why not give Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team of advisers a call today on 0800 689 0500 and find out more about how we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: September 1, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.