Have you been involved in an RTA (road traffic accident) that was not your fault? If the answer is yes, then you may well be looking for a specialist injury claim lawyer to help you to claim compensation for an RTA accident injury. If you are, look no further. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we are one of the UK’s top law firms and we are ready to help.
The alarmingly high incidence rate of road traffic accidents
Traffic accidents are one of the biggest causes of death and injury here in the UK. In the year ending September 2012, the total number of people killed or injured in RTA’s was 184,010. Whilst this is admittedly 7% fewer than the year before, the figure is still alarmingly high, especially when you consider that it included 15,730 children.
Common causes of road traffic accidents
The sad fact of the matter is that approximately 5 people are killed every day in a traffic accident, the main causes of which are:
- Speeding: approximately 400 people per year are killed in an RTA accident that is associated with someone exceeding the speed limit, or driving too fast for the prevailing conditions.
- Drink driving: over 200 people per year are killed in RTA’s in which one of the parties was over the legal alcohol limit.
- Seat belts: despite the success of campaigns to get people to wear their seat belts, at least 300 deaths per year are attributed to people who did not secure their seat belts.
- Driving without due care and attention: approximately 300 people per year are involved in accidents whereby one of the parties was either reckless, careless, or in too much of a hurry. Of this number, 125 related to cases of aggressive driving.
- Lack of experience: more than 400 fatalities per year involved drivers aged between 17 and 24 years old.
- Losing control of the vehicle: 40% of RTA’s are caused by drivers who lose control of their vehicles.
- Poor judgement: 1 out of every 5 RTAs involves a driver who admitted to not judging the other driver’s speed or path correctly.
Claiming compensation for an RTA accident injury
If you’d like an estimate as to the amount of compensation you could receive as a result of claiming compensation for an RTA accident injury, you should visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website and make use of our HOW MUCH injury claim calculator.
By answering a few simple questions about your accident and the nature of your injuries, you will get instant confirmation that you are indeed entitled to make a claim. The calculator will also return an estimate as to the amount your claim could be worth.