How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for food production accidents

    Do you work in a factory which produces food? Perhaps you’re employed at a chocolate factory, spend your days at a tuna factory or work with some other type of food on a daily basis.

    Food production accidents are unfortunately not unheard of, and they can occur when health and safety regulations are breached, or when employees are careless.

    Typically, workers in a food production factory will be working with heavy machinery with moving parts and may also be operating industrial ovens, which can heat up to incredibly high temperatures.

    Working with dangerous equipment such as this obviously requires specialist training, but what if you have not received the necessary training from your employer and you are injured in an accident at work?

    Employer negligence

    Your employer has several responsibilities when it comes to ensuring that their workforce are safe:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • They must ensure that machinery and other equipment is well-maintained, regularly checked and safe for use
    • They must provide staff with the necessary training to carry out their job safely
    • They should provide PPE if necessary
    • They should adhere to health and safety regulations

    If you’ve been injured due to lack of training at work, your employer could be held liable for your injuries. Food production accidents can result in serious, life-changing injuries that could impact your future career and your quality of life.

    Severe burns, loss of limbs and head injuries are just a few examples of the types of injury you could sustain – Accident Advice Helpline has helped people claim compensation for all these and more since we were established in 2000.

    In fact, over the last 15 years we have helped hundreds of customers claim personal injury compensation, and we’ve also been endorsed by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen. It’s free to call our helpline and our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you have nothing to lose.

    Are you going to take action?

    If you’ve been injured in an accident that was somebody else’s fault, taking action by making a claim for personal injury compensation can help you to re-gain control of your life.

    There’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, so whenever you feel ready (but definitely within three years of your accident), call Accident Advice Helpline on: 0800 689 0500 to find out if you have a viable claim and get answers to your questions.

    Date Published: June 27, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.