How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for food poisoning in Scotland

    Whether you live in Scotland or are enjoying a holiday north of the border, chances are, you’re likely to eat out at a restaurant, café or pub at some point. When we dine out, we not only expect the very best service but also that the food we receive will be fit to eat. Unfortunately, poor food hygiene standards could lead to food poisoning in Scotland, or any other part of the UK, and if you’ve been affected by food poisoning you know it’s no laughing matter.

    If you are struck down by food poisoning you’re likely to feel very unwell for a number of days. Symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever and stomach cramps, and whilst most people get better without medical intervention, symptoms can persist for weeks or months or even years. If this happens to you, you may need time off work to recover or may even need to be admitted to hospital for treatment.

    Don’t worry though, if you been affected by food poisoning, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation for your pain and suffering – don’t forget there’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim.

    Claiming the compensation you deserve

    You might be wondering how much compensation you’re entitled to. There is no one answer for all claims, as the amount you’ll receive will take into account your pain and suffering, as well as any loss of earnings and other financial losses incurred. Of course, if you are ill for months and need medical treatment and time off work, you’re likely to receive more compensation than somebody who is only ill for a couple of days. However, it’s still worth making a claim for personal injury compensation, as you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence.

    Get in touch today

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline today to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim after suffering food poisoning. Since 2000, we have been helping people claim the compensation they deserve, and thanks to our 100% no win, no fee** service, you don’t even need to worry about upfront legal fees. Why not call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 today to find out if you could claim? We’re recommended by our patron, TV personality Esther Rantzen, for our excellent standards of customer service, and we’re here to offer you confidential, no-obligation advice. Pick up the phone and get in touch today – we’re open 24/7.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: February 19, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.