How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for food poisoning in hospital

    Compensation for food poisoning in hospital

    Whether you’re spending time in a private hospital or an NHS hospital, nobody wants to become ill whilst they’re already recovering from another illness or injury. You may be in hospital recovering from injury or you may even be visiting somebody else when you’re struck down by food poisoning in hospital. Food or drinks purchased from the hospital canteen could be contaminated and could leave you seriously ill. If you’ve been unlucky enough to be affected by food poisoning in hospital, you could call Accident Advice Helpline today to find out if you could make a claim for personal injury compensation.

    Food poisoning symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach cramps, and you’ll probably feel unwell for at least a few days. Once you start to feel better, it’s worth considering making a personal injury claim, and with over 15 years’ experience in the industry you can get the best confidential advice from Accident Advice Helpline.

    For those who are already ill, food poisoning symptoms could be serious and you may be left unwell for weeks or months. In rare cases, symptoms have continued to affect people for years. If unhygienic conditions in a hospital have left you ill, you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence. You could find out right now how much you could be entitled to claim by taking the 30-second test on our website.

    What’s caused your food poisoning?

    Food poisoning can be caused by a number of things, including:

    • Lack of hand washing, spreading germs and bacteria;
    • Out-of-date food;
    • Meat not being cooked or stored properly;
    • Unhygienic, dirty food preparation areas; or
    • A pest infestation in a kitchen.

    To make a claim, you need a personal injury lawyer you can trust. Accident Advice Helpline have been endorsed by our patron, Esther Rantzen, for our excellent customer service.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claim today

    Waiting around and wondering whether you’re eligible to make a claim for personal injury compensation means that you may never get the chance to find out. That’s because there is a three-year time limit in place to make a claim. Regardless of the type of hospital you were in when you were struck down by food poisoning, you could be eligible to receive a settlement for your pain and suffering. Why not pick up the phone and contact Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500? We’re here to answer any questions you may have and offer no-obligation advice to all of our customers.

    Date Published: May 12, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.