How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for food factory accidents

    Whether you work in a meat packing factory, are processing canned goods or are employed in some other type of food factory, accidents can and do happen. It’s all too easy to dismiss food factory accidents as nobody’s fault, and to walk away feeling that perhaps you yourself were to blame. But what if there’s that niggling feeling that more could have been done to prevent your accident?

    Your employer takes responsibility for your health and safety whilst you’re at work and there are a number of things they must do to reduce the risk of accidents and keep employees safe:

    • Provide training for all staff and educate them on health and safety risks
    • Ensure equipment is safe to use, regularly checked and maintained
    • Carry out repairs to equipment or the premises promptly
    • Make sure the working environment is safe
    • Follow health and safety regulations – for example, regulations in relation to working at height

    It might be that you know your employer is guilty of one of the above things, and if that’s the case you could make a claim for personal injury compensation within three years of your accident occurring.

    Who’s to blame?

    Feeling concerned that your employer may be responsible for your accident? Food factory accidents can leave you seriously injured, and if this has happened to you, it’s time to take action.

    Reporting your accident to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is one option, calling Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim for personal injury compensation is another.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We’ve been in business since 2000, helping people claim compensation for accidents at work, so why not get in touch? Our expert personal injury advisors are on hand to answer your questions, offering confidential, no-obligation advice.

    Making a claim

    Making a claim for personal injury compensation shouldn’t be keeping you awake at night – you should be focusing on recovering from your injuries and returning to work, if that’s possible.

    We’re here to make the claims process as simple as possible, so just call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out how we can help you. You won’t even have to pay upfront legal fees, as our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis.

    Provided it has been three years or less since your accident, get in touch with us for advice and to find out more.

    Date Published: June 27, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.