How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for flashover burns

    Electrical flashovers, also known as arc flashes, can happen when workers are working on or near live or charged conductors, and the effects can radiate for several metres, causing injuries to those working nearby. Because electrical flashovers can reach temperatures of up to 35,000 degrees Fahrenheit, flashover burns can be extremely serious, and if you have been burned in an electrical accident at work, you’re probably wondering if there’s anything you can do about it.

    Of course, medical treatment and recovering from your burns is your top priority, but once you are feeling better, you might want to consider contacting Accident Advice Helpline, to see if you could claim personal injury compensation. Flashover burns can impact your quality of life and you may find yourself unable to return to work – we can help you get the compensation you deserve if somebody else has caused your accident.

    Employer negligence

    Employers have a responsibility to ensure that they adhere to health and safety regulations, which are designed to keep employees safe at work and minimise the risk of accidents occurring. If you feel that health and safety breaches have occurred which caused your accident, you could report your accident to the Health and Safety Executive, who may carry out an investigation and make recommendations for safety improvements. Your employer could be held liable for your injuries – get in touch with our expert personal injury advisors for confidential, no-obligation advice within three years of your accident, to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim. Bear in mind that no two claims are the same, and the more severe your injuries, the larger your settlement could be.

    Should you claim against your employer?

    Your employer will have liability insurance in place to protect them in the event of a claim by an employee, and if they have been negligent, you have every right to make a claim for personal injury compensation. Whether you will be returning to your job or not, making a claim could help to pay for medical expenses and cover loss of earnings experienced as a result of your accident, so don’t suffer in silence. We offer a 30-second test on our website, which you can take to find out how much compensation you could claim. Or pick up the phone and call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 today to find out more about claiming personal injury compensation after your accident.

    Date Published: June 12, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.