How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for fall injuries in the elderly

    Slip, trip and fall injuries are amongst some of the most common types of injuries suffered in accidents. Whilst most of us will suffer minor injuries such as cuts and bruises or a sprained ankle after a trip and fall, the consequences of these types of accidents are much more serious for elderly people. As we age, our bones become more brittle, which means elderly people are more at risk of serious fractures than anybody else if they slip or trip and fall.

    If you or an elderly relative of yours has been injured after a fall, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you’re eligible to make a personal injury claim. Provided it has been three years or less since your accident you could be in with a good chance of receiving a personal injury settlement.

    Common fall injuries in the elderly

    As we mentioned before, you’re more likely to sustain serious injuries in a fall if you are elderly, but what are some of the most common fall injuries in the elderly?

    • Hip fractures – these are incredibly common and often difficult to make a full recovery from
    • Facial injuries to the nose, eyes or cheeks such as cuts, grazes or even fractures
    • Head injuries including concussion
    • Broken ankles or wrists
    • Knee injuries
    • Neck injuries
    • Back injuries

    Whilst some of these injuries are more minor than others, such as grazes and bruises, if you or an elderly relative of yours has sustained more serious injuries, you could be awarded a more substantial sum of compensation if somebody else was to blame for your accident. Perhaps you tripped on a damaged paving stone or broken kerb – or maybe you have slipped on an unmarked wet floor in a shop or loose flooring in a supermarket. Whatever has happened, you could be compensated for your pain and suffering, as well as the cost of any medical treatment you may need.

    How to claim

    If you think you may be eligible to claim compensation after your fall or you simply want to find out more about claiming for fall injuries in the elderly, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, so there are no upfront fees to worry about. Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile, charges may apply) to find out if you could make a claim and get confidential advice from our expert advisors.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 6, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.