How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for failure to diagnose fractures

    There are a number of different circumstances which could lead to fractures, from a car accident to a slip, trip or fall to injuries which occur whilst playing sports. In fact, an estimated 300,000 people suffer from fractures every year. Hospital tests and x-rays these days can easily identify fractures, but this doesn’t mean that there is no chance for human error to occur. Misreading x-rays and tests, failing to organise the right tests, being pushed for time or poor organisation could all lead to a failure to diagnose fractures. For the patient, this could mean pain and suffering as well as feelings of anger and frustration. It is possible for any type of fracture to be misdiagnosed, from ankle and feet fractures, which can often be mistaken for sprains, to arm fractures. If x-rays are not carried out on suspected sprains, failure to diagnose fractures may occur. This could mean that treatment for the fracture isn’t carried out promptly, and fractures that are not treated could cause pain and problems which could affect the patient in the future.

    Making a claim after failure to diagnose fractures

    If you believe that failure to diagnose fractures has caused you pain and suffering (and possibly loss of earnings), the good news is that you may be eligible to claim compensation. Using the services of an experienced medical negligence personal injury lawyer, you can make a claim against the medical professional or NHS trust involved in your misdiagnosis. The amount of compensation you receive will depend on a number of things including your pain and suffering as well as any loss of earnings, and there is usually a three-year time limit in place to make your claim. This is why it’s a good idea to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible, to seek advice and find out whether you could be eligible to claim.

    How Accident Advice Helpline can help

    Provided it’s three years or less since your fracture was misdiagnosed, Accident Advice Helpline can assist you in making a claim for compensation. Our team of professional personal injury lawyers works on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’* basis, so you don’t need to worry about expensive legal fees upfront. We invite you to take the 30-second test on our website, which will allow you to see how much you could claim. Or, if you’re looking for confidential, no-obligation advice, why not call us today on our freephone helpline? We are open 24/7 and happy to discuss any aspect of the claims process with you, before you decide whether or not to proceed. Call us free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: July 18, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.