Street explosions could cause a pavement collapse or serious injury to pedestrians and drivers on the street, and whilst they thankfully don’t happen all that often, when they do, they are often serious. An explosion in the street could be caused by:
- Faulty underground link boxes or electricity cables and wires
- A burst water main
- Burst or damaged gas pipes underground
- Building demolition – where the gas or electricity supply has not been switched off
Perhaps somebody you love has been injured in an explosion in the street? Finding out what happened and who is to blame can take some work, but if somebody else is to blame for the incident, you or your family member could claim personal injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline.
What injuries have been suffered?
An explosion in the street could lead to minor or life-changing injuries, such as:
- Broken bones, head or facial injuries after being struck by a manhole cover
Facial injuries from flying debris
- Burns or scalds from an underground fireball or steam escaping a manhole cover
- Crush injuries if a building collapses after a gas explosion or pavement collapse
- Internal injuries such as a collapsed lung or bruised kidney from being hit by debris/a manhole cover
You may have been rushed to hospital with serious injuries or be recovering at home from your injuries – either way, you’re not at fault for the accident. It could be that a gas explosion was caused by unsafe demolition work, in which case the contractor responsible could be ordered to pay you compensation for your injuries. It’s free to call our helpline for confidential advice and there is no obligation to proceed with a claim, so it’s quick and easy to get more advice about making a personal injury claim.
Should you claim?
Businesses have liability insurance in place in the event a member of a public makes a claim against them, so there’s no need to feel guilty about making a claim for personal injury compensation. If you have been injured after a street explosion, you’re entitled to claim compensation. With years of industry experience, Accident Advice Helpline can help you get the compensation you deserve – we have been endorsed by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen. Call our freephone helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for confidential advice and to get answers to any questions you have about the claims process.
Date Published: July 27, 2015
Author: Rob Steen