How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for dual carriageway injuries

    Road traffic accidents can be much more serious on duel carriageways or on motorways due to the high speeds. There is a high chance of serious injuries or even fatalities when there is a crash on a busy, high-speed road like a dual carriageway. Normal road safety rules should apply when travelling on a high-speed road but drivers should also be extra alert to look out for potential hazards.

    Adjust your speed to ensure that you are able to anticipate any emergency or hazard that you may come across and also adjust your speed to suit the conditions. In icy or foggy weather the roads may be slippy or there may be low visibility so lower your speed to compensate for this.

    It is also protocol to stay in the left lane for driving and use the right lane for overtaking or turning right. If there is another driver attempting to get onto the carriageway, check your mirrors and signal to move into the right lane if it is safe to do so.

    This ensures that drivers entering the carriageway do not have to slow down which could cause an accident if other road users suddenly have to slow down or stop. If you have suffered dual carriageway injuries because another driver was travelling at dangerous speeds or made a reckless decision, you could be entitled to compensation where there is evidence of this negligent behaviour.

    Road traffic accidents

    Motorway and dual carriageway accidents can be fatal due to the high speeds and abundance of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs). The accident can also involve a number of drivers which could leave several people seriously injured.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have been suffered dual carriageway injuries because of a driver who was speeding or entered the carriageway when it was not safe to do so, you could be entitled to compensation for your accident. You can get help and representation if you get in touch with our team at Accident Advice Helpline.

    What we can do to help

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have a team of in-house solicitors and expert advisers who can point you in the right direction if you are seeking personal injury compensation.

    If you have been involved in a road traffic accident which was caused by a negligent driver or road user, you could be entitled to a cash payout for your injuries.

    You can see how successful your claim is likely to be by entering some details about your case into our 30-second online test. Alternatively, you can give our team a call for no-obligation advice on 0800 689 0500 today.

    Date Published: April 8, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.