How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for dangerous object in food

    Food businesses have to stick to strict hygiene rules in order to protect the public from any potential hazards which could affect their health. This means that strict hazard control principles should be in place, even in the smallest of food establishments. Written evidence must be kept also to ensure that the controls put in place are up to date with the latest legislation. There are certain regulations involving the storage of food, the cooling or freezing of food and the preparation of food. There are also temperature guidelines for cooking and re-heating food.

    In general, the establishment should be free of any dirt or old food build-up on worktops or surfaces. This can be controlled by regular cleaning of the walls, floors and surfaces. If there are no controls in place or the owners of the establishment do not follow the regulations, there could be a risk of contamination. This could be from bacteria on meats or other foods, or it could be from a foreign object. If you have found a dangerous object in food, such as glass or metal, you could be entitled to compensation if you have been injured.

    Claiming for food business negligence

    Food businesses are required by law to carry out regular risk assessments and, if they fail to carry this out, they could be putting consumers at risk. There could be a risk of food poisoning or there could be a risk of injury if there is a risk that foreign objects could fall into food. They could be breaching the Food Safety Act therefore you could claim compensation for your injury or illness. If you find a dangerous object in food, you can get help with a claim.

    Claiming injury compensation

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in personal injury compensation therefore you can get in touch with our team if you have been injured by a foreign object in food. If you wish to contact our expert team, use our free 24-hour helpline and obtain some no-obligation advice. However, you can get in touch via our online form if this is easier for you. We offer a no win, no fee** policy to all of our clients so your finances will be safe.

    Date Published: January 20, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.