How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for council mesothelioma claims

    Compensation for council mesothelioma claims

    Mesothelioma is a rare type of cancer which results when asbestos fibres are inhaled over a period of time. Asbestos was used predominantly as an insulation material during the Industrial Revolution, but its toxicity was discovered some years later so its use was limited. Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses do not manifest until years after exposure, so people may be unaware that they were exposed to the substance many years ago. It was often used to insulate piping and buildings, so many council contractors may have been exposed to the substance if they have been in the business for many years.

    Unfortunately, the cancer is often untreatable, meaning that prevention is the only ‘cure.’ However, if workers are unaware that they are being exposed or there are safety failings which leads to inhalation of the fibres, they may be eligible to claim compensation for their care. You may be looking for advice on council mesothelioma claims if you have been exposed to asbestos during your time working for your local authority. This is likely to have been many years ago, as mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases do not manifest until decades after prolonged exposure. You can also make a claim on behalf of a family member who is suffering from the disease.

    Making a claim for work-related illness

    Exposure to asbestos may have occurred when you were working as a plumber, a construction worker or while you were working in another council position. As the exposure is likely to have occurred some years ago, you may need some help gathering evidence of work-related illness. A compensation claims company like Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with this and provide support for your claim. We can also help family members to make claims on behalf of their loved ones if they are too ill to pursue a claim.

    How to get in touch

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have a team of specialist solicitors on-hand who can help you increase your chances of winning your compensation claim. If you are looking for advice or support on council mesothelioma claims, you can contact our team of experts who will be able to advise you on your case. Call us free on our 24-hour helpline 0800 689 0500 to discuss your claim today.

    Date Published: May 11, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Asbestos claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.