How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a child injured by a car

    As a parent, it makes sense that when you send your children to school, you expect them to make it home safely. Whether you pick your children up from school every day or wait at home for them to arrive on the school bus, the last thing you expect is for them to be injured in a road accident. Yet accidents outside schools are unfortunately increasingly common, with speed commonly to blame. Drivers who refuse to slow down put children and other pedestrians at risk every day, with many local authorities across the country putting in place schemes and campaigns designed to reduce speed outside schools, making the road a safer place for children and their parents.

    If your child has been involved in a road accident, you could complain to their school and to the council – if the road is known to be an accident blackspot, they may take action to put in place road safety campaigns designed to target drivers speeding in the area. But you could also claim compensation for a child injured by a car, no matter how minor their injuries. Sometimes the psychological damage sustained goes far deeper than cuts, bruises or a broken arm, and your child could be feel the effects of their accident for the rest of their lives.

    Next steps to claiming

    When claiming compensation for a child injured by a car, it’s important to establish the facts of what actually happened. As a parent, you’re rightfully protective towards your child, but speaking to a personal injury lawyer can help to clarify the incident. If a speeding driver is to blame for your child’s accident, they could be held liable and you could claim personal injury compensation for your child’s pain and suffering. Don’t forget that there is a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, so it’s important to act quickly so that you don’t miss out.

    Get advice today

    For confidential, no-obligation advice, choose Accident Advice Helpline. Our professional personal injury lawyers have been working in the industry since 2000, and during that time we have helped hundreds of customers to claim compensation after their children were injured in a road accident. We’re here to help, and we won’t charge you a penny upfront – we work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis. With so many personal injury lawyer adverts on TV these days, choose a firm you can trust; we’re endorsed by our patron, UK consumer champion and TV personality Esther Rantzen, and we promise to work our hardest to get you the compensation you deserve. To discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: January 22, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.