How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for care home injury

    We are living for longer than ever before and the UK has more care homes today as a result. For the most part, these establishments offer an excellent solution to elderly care and accommodation. But on occasion you or your loved one may experience an accident or injury that shouldn’t have happened at all. These can come in all shapes and sizes and when there is clear evidence of negligence, it is possible to make a claim for financial compensation. A typical example of a care home injury could be a slip or trip on or over an unsafe surface. Perhaps the area was recently polished and as a result, the resident has fallen over and become injured. On the other end of the scale, physical abuse has been recorded in some care homes here in the UK. This is totally unacceptable and should it arise, a full investigation and the appropriate steps need to be carried out by the authorities. It has also been known that residents of care homes have become ill and the staff have either failed to notice this condition or misdiagnosed the illness. It is important to understand that any care home injury should be thoroughly investigated in each and every case.

    Have you received an injury in your care home?

    If you are currently a resident in a care home, or perhaps your loved one is, and you’ve received an injury that you suspect to be a result of negligence, why not call Accident Advice Helpline now? Your care home workers have a duty of care for all residents and day patients alike. When they fail to meet these requirements, injuries can and do occur. Whilst it may be true that potential accidents exist in any environment, some of these could be avoided altogether. If you feel that you have been the victim of any physical or mental abuse whilst residing in a care home, you should have the matter fully investigated by the appropriate governing bodies. This type of behaviour should not be tolerated and you may be able to claim financial compensation for the suffering that you have experienced.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    We are here to help the UK public claim what is rightfully theirs and we’d love to take your call today. If you have evidence that your care home injury was caused by negligence or a lack of due care and attention, please call our team of friendly advisors today. We work on a no win, no fee* basis and your call will always be treated confidentially. Our nationwide team of solicitors will be happy to offer you no-obligation advice and we have been doing this since 2000. So please call Accident Advice Helpline today for your care home injury concerns.

    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.