How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a car accident on holiday

    Many people come to the UK from all over the world to see our beautiful architecture, scenery and city life. Many people who are from the UK also like to take weekend breaks in the country to get away from everyday city life. There are plenty of places to go hiking or cycling for those who enjoy the outdoors, and there are also lots of rural roads if you prefer to drive around the country. Rural roads may seem quieter than city routes but they do have their own hazards which drivers should look out for.

    Country routes may not seem as busy therefore many drivers take advantage of this and increase their speeds. However, these roads have a number of bends and turns which could surprise drivers and there may be cars just around the corner. It is best to stay just below the speed limit in anticipation of these bends. Driving on these roads at night can also be hazardous as the area may not be well-lit therefore reducing your speed will help you to stay more aware of your surroundings. As it is a rural route, there may be cyclists or pedestrians around who could be vulnerable if you are driving recklessly. If you have been involved in a car accident on holiday, you could be entitled to compensation.

    When to make a claim

    If you are involved in a car accident on holiday and the other driver was at least partly to blame for your injuries, you could be entitled to compensation from the driver’s insurance company. If they have been driving at dangerous speeds or they have made a poor decision which caused your crash, you could hold them liable for their actions. If you need advice regarding your claim, Accident Advice Helpline could assist you.

    What we do

    As a law firm which specialises in personal injury claims, we could help you to make a compensation claim for a road traffic accident that was caused by someone else. If you have sustained injuries in the accident, we may be able to help you to make your claim if you give us a call. Our number is free to ring 24/7, just pick up the phone and dial 0800 659 0500 for some no-obligation advice from our advisors. If you wish to pursue your case, we will provide you with appropriate representation which will increase your chances of winning your claim.

    Date Published: February 16, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.