How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for burn injuries at work

    Most of us have gone through the experience of suffering a burn of some kind at one point or another. Most of the time this happens at home and the effects are mild. However if you happen to work in a kitchen, perhaps at a restaurant or a takeaway, you will know there is the risk of suffering a burn there as well. Indeed the risk could be more pronounced in these outlets since there is more cooking equipment that is of a professional standard too.

    Burn injuries at work can prevent you from working in some circumstances. They can also be far more serious if they involve hot oil or cooking equipment that goes higher in temperature than the normal home oven would. There should be little risk of incurring burn injuries of any kind in this situation, mainly because your employer has a duty of care to ensure you can work safely in the premises at all times.

    How common are burn injuries at work?

    Thankfully we don’t read too much about them, purely because they are uncommon. However there are times when they can potentially occur and when they do they have the ability to cause severe pain and skin injuries.

    First-degree burns are the lesser of those that can be suffered and are the most common. Second-degree burns are more serious and they can take much longer to heal. Isolated cases may occur where third-degree burns happen but fortunately these are immensely rare.

    What should you do if you suffer burn injuries at work?

    The most important thing is to get immediate medical help. If the injuries are severe this will mean calling an ambulance. However even minor burns should be treated in the proper manner. The incident should also be recorded in the accident book so there is a clear record of what happened. It will be a good idea to work out who is at fault for the accident too, as negligence can potentially give a chance of putting in a compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you believe this might apply in your case, make sure you have Accident Advice Helpline on your side. We are here on 0800 689 0500 so you may be able to put in a no win, no fee* claim with our assistance if you call our free enquiry line today. Make that call now.

    Date Published: July 27, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.