The process of converting a building can be a long and difficult one, especially if the building needs a lot of work doing to it to get it ready. When converting a building it is always a good idea to hire professionals to do the work for you; they will have all the necessary equipment they need, furthermore, they will be experienced and properly trained, with knowledge of building planning permission that you may not have.
Compensation claims for injuries
Whether you are converting your own building or are working for a building company and have been assigned to convert someone else’s there is always a chance you may be involved in an accident and sustain some injuries. Fortunately, this is not a very common kind of accident; unfortunately, this type of accident can cause serious injuries, as we at Accident Advice Helpline are only too familiar.
We have vast experience in helping those who have suffered building conversion injuries as a result of an accident that was not their fault to claim compensation. With 15 years’ experience in the industry and a caring nature, we work in the best interests of our clients, making the claim process simple and easy.
Types of building conversion accidents
There are many ways an accident can occur when converting a building; usually you will only be able to make a claim if you have been involved in an accident that was not considered to be your fault. Here are some of the kinds of accident which may cause injuries and that you can usually claim for:
- Trips and falls from working on a building conversion site that does not have the correct safety measures in place, such as notices to act as warnings
- Not being given the correct safety and protective equipment to wear, therefore, when you are involved in an accident you sustain injuries that you perhaps would not have done if you were wearing the correct protective clothing
- Training not being given to workers on how to safely use all of the machinery and equipment involved in completing the job
- Workers not being thoroughly checked to make sure they have the qualifications and skills to complete the job, thus meaning they make an error that causes an accident which hurts themselves or someone they work with
- The building site area not being kept free from unnecessary workers, obstructions and debris, which causes a cluttered work environment and in turn an accident.
All of these types of accidents can cause building conversion injuries, some of which may be very severe, potentially even fatal.
Claiming compensation for suffering building conversion injuries could not be easier with Accident Advice Helpline, simply call our 24-hour free phone line on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: July 8, 2015
Author: Rob Steen