How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a baby with food poisoning

    Food poisoning is generally caused by bacteria such as E.coli and Salmonella, and over 500,000 cases of food poisoning are reported in the UK each year. Whilst most people recover from their food poisoning without medical attention, things can be more serious for a baby with food poisoning. The elderly, infirm and very young children can quickly become dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea and may need to spend time in hospital for medical treatment on a drip. If your baby has been struck down by food poisoning, what can you do about it?

    How common is a baby with food poisoning?

    Babies don’t get food poisoning as often as older children and adults, as they’re generally not on a solid diet. However, it is possible for babies to get food poisoning from food prepared at nurseries, in restaurants or even from contaminated cans or jars of baby food. In all these cases, somebody else could be held responsible for your baby with food poisoning. For example if they have become ill after eating food cooked at nursery, the management could be held liable and ordered to pay you compensation.

    If contaminated jars of baby food have made your baby sick, the manufacturer could be ordered to pay you compensation. One thing many parents don’t realise is that you could claim compensation for your loss of earnings if you need to take time off work to look after your baby whilst they’re sick. This can be really helpful to your family’s finances if you are struggling during this difficult time.

    How much compensation could we get?

    The amount of compensation you could get if your baby has suffered from food poisoning depends on how ill they have been and how it has affected your life. If your baby has been seriously ill and required treatment in hospital, and you’ve taken weeks off work to care for them, you’re likely to receive a substantial personal injury settlement.

    You could find out right now how much compensation you could get by taking the 30-second test on our website, or call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to get advice and get the ball rolling on your claim. It’s free to call and our advisors offer advice in confidence, with no obligation to proceed, so you have nothing to lose by getting in touch with us today.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 23, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.