All around us, workplace hazards are lurking, waiting to cause accidents at work. That might sound ominous, but the good news is that by following health and safety regulations and taking steps to ensure employees stay safe, most accidents at work can be prevented by your employer.
If you have been injured at work, remember there’s a three-year time limit in place to make a personal injury claim and contact Accident Advice Helpline. Since 2000, our team of personal injury lawyers and advisers has helped hundreds of people claim compensation for workplace accidents, on a 100% no win, no fee* basis.
Life-changing injuries could impact not only your personal life in future but also your ability to carry out your job. What do we mean by life-changing injuries? Here are a few examples:
- Crush injuries after a tractor rolls over you – you could have a limb amputated
- Spinal or back injuries after a fall from height from scaffolding which leaves you permanently disabled
- A broken hip which never fully heals, suffered after a slip or trip in the office
- Facial burns after a factory accident
- Injuries sustained from operating machinery with moving parts, resulting in the loss of fingers or your hand
- Head injuries after a fall from a roof or objects falling from height and striking you
- Industrial diseases such as HAVS, mesothelioma (after exposure to asbestos) or tinnitus/hearing loss
These types of injury have a serious impact on your future well-being as well as your earning potential, and it’s not just you who will be affected; your family could also suffer financially and emotionally. We know the aftermath of an accident involving serious injury is a difficult time, but our simple, stress-free claims process takes the hassle out of making a claim, and you can get confidential advice from our expert personal injury advisers – there’s no obligation to push forward with a claim.
You deserve better
We all deserve to work for a company which takes health and safety seriously – why should they be allowed to get away with negligence that has led to your injuries, when an accident could have been avoided?
We believe you deserve to be compensated for your injuries, so call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you could be eligible to make a claim – it’s free to call and speak to our personal injury advisers.
Date Published: August 9, 2015
Author: Rob Steen