How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Company car accident? What do you do?

    If you are a company car driver you are one of the most high risk motorists in the country. This is because of the number of miles you drive in all weather conditions, all year round. Should you have the misfortune of becoming involved in a company car accident, you have the same rights and obligations as any other driver involved in a road traffic incident.

    If you were not responsible for the accident you may be able to claim road traffic compensation, even though you are not the owner of the car. This will be especially important if you have suffered a car crash injury. The injury may result in you having to take time off work while you recover and for recuperation. The compensation claim, if successful, will help cover any loss of earnings. If the injury is particularly serious or life changing the compensation awarded could also fund any extra treatment or therapy, as well as any necessary adaptations to your home.

    While this might all seem very reasonable some employers object to their staff making car accident claims when one of their company cars is involved. The employer may be worried that a claim could affect the company’s car insurance premiums. Whatever the reason, any objection to you making a claim after being involved in a car accident is indefensible. After all, you are the one who is suffering and the role of motor insurance is to provide compensation in such circumstances.

    If your employer objects to you making a road traffic accident claim it is advisable to contact our specialist panel of lawyers who are well experienced in dealing with such matters

    Proving you are not liable

    In order to make a successful claim for car crash compensation it is necessary to prove you were not responsible for the accident. This means providing evidence that you were not liable.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Most importantly, you should not leave the scene of the accident. If there are any witnesses be sure to make a note their names and addresses. When the police arrive take the name and force number of the investigating officer. If you have a camera or camera phone to hand take pictures of the damage to your own car and the other vehicle. Also, do not forget to take a picture of the road surface, as this will indicate the condition of the road at the time; photos of any road signs in the vicinity will also be helpful. Check if there are any roadside or CCTV cameras, as the footage could well show how the accident happened.

    This information could go a long way to helping prove you were not responsible for causing the incident.

    Getting evidence of physical injuries

    It is crucial you see a doctor as soon after the accident as possible. He or she will check for any injuries suffered and complete a report that can be used to reinforce your claim.

    The cost of legal assistance

    If you use our team of legal experts you need have no worries about the cost. We represent you on a no win, no fee** basis, which means you do not have to pay a penny, even if your claim is unsuccessful.  

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.