How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Community healthcare professionals compensation claims

    Community healthcare professionals work within a community to provide basic medical advice and healthcare to people who are unwell or are in need of referral to a specialist. A GP is an example of a community healthcare professional as is a nurse or occupational therapist. Most are trained to give medical advice and some are trained to prescribe medication or refer you for a more thorough examination. Some are also able to diagnose illness and treat the illness accordingly.

    They are often the first medical practitioner that an individual will visit when feeling unwell or suffering from an injury therefore a lot of trust is put in community healthcare workers to refer them for the correct treatment and diagnosis. Although it is rare, on occasion, the wrong advice may be given or the wrong prescription may be handed out causing the patient to suffer more pain or to become worse. In these cases, compensation may be sought from the relevant professional.

    How could I be victim of a medical mistake?

    There are different types of medical malpractice, some of which can affect the patient for the rest of their lives. Patients may become victim of a misdiagnosis or a failure to diagnose an illness which results in the wrong treatment or a lack of treatment. This could cause an illness to progress and worsen over time. You may even be unable to work because of your illness or injury causing financial strain. An administration error or a failure to send a patient to a specialist may result in the wrong treatment or a failure to treat a patient which could also cause the illness to progress. If you think that you have been a victim of negligence because of a community healthcare worker, then you may be able to win a compensation claim.

    Calling Accident Advice Helpline

    Our helpline is free to call and is available 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 so you can contact us at any time. If you have evidence of medical negligence on the part of a community healthcare worker and you want to make a compensation claim, we can take you step by step through the process. You may be able to win a cash payout to help you cope with any unforeseen medical costs, any loss of wages and the trauma you may have experienced because of a misdiagnosis or failure to treat an injury or illness.

    We operate under a strict no win, no fee policy meaning that you have nothing to pay upfront and nothing to lose by giving us a call regarding your case.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: July 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.