How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Most common travel accidents

    Most common travel accidents

    Figures from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office revealed that more than 3,700 British tourists were injured in travel accidents from April 2011 to April 2012, but what causes travel accidents abroad, and what can you do to make sure you remember your holiday for all the right reasons?

    What are the causes of travel accidents?

    The most common types of holiday accidents include road traffic accidents, slips, trips and falls, and accidents in the swimming pool. The most common causes of these accidents include:

    • Driver error and inexperience
    • Uneven and unsafe flooring
    • Unsafe equipment
    • Alcohol abuse

    Travel illnesses are also very common, with vomiting and diarrhoea the most commonly reported issues; these can be a result of dirty swimming pools, poor hygiene, and inappropriate cooking methods. If you’ve suffered illness while on holiday, and you can prove that you were not to blame, you should seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer from the Accident Advice Helpline.

    What types of travel accidents can I claim travel accident compensation for?

    If you’ve been injured abroad, or suffered a holiday illness, you may be able to claim compensation. Here are some examples of the kinds of accidents and illnesses that you could claim for:

    • Slips, trips and falls in public places
    • Swimming pool accidents
    • Sports and activity accidents
    • Coach or car crashes
    • Balcony falls
    • Burns

    In order to make a successful claim, you must be able to provide evidence that the accident was not your fault, and the incident must have occurred within the last 3 years. If you have information and evidence to hand, and you want to find out more about travel accident claims, call Accident Advice Helpline. The phone lines are available 24 hours a day, and the website has a wealth of information about compensation and how you could make a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What should I do if I’ve had an accident abroad?

    If you’ve been involved in an accident overseas, document all the information and write down exactly what happened while you still have the incident fresh in your mind. Ask anyone who was around at the time for their contact details so that they can provide a witness statement. Seek medical assistance for your injuries and jot down the details of the doctor, the clinic, and the date and time you were seen.

    Date Published: December 9, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.