Unfortunately, if you work in an industrial environment, you may be at risk of developing one of the most common industrial diseases, particularly if your employer does not take proper steps to protect their staff. There are many diseases which can affect you in the workplace, but some of the most common are:
- Asbestos poisoning or related illness
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) where damage to the cells in your Cochlea affects hearing
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) where repeated injury of the blood vessels and nerves in your fingers can lead to ‘White Finger’ syndrome, causing pain and numbness that is triggered by cold conditions
- Cumulative Back Injury (CBI)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) where a blood clot forms in a deep vein, usually your lower leg
- Legionnaire’s Disease – a type of Pneumonia which is caused by inhaling small droplets of infected water. This can be spread by poorly maintained air conditioning units.
Do I have cause for claim?
If your life has been impacted by any of the above diseases, or another industrial disease which you believe is the fault of your workplace, then you may be able to claim compensation.
If you suffer longer-term damage such as asbestos poisoning or deafness then you should act straightaway and file an industrial injury claim against your employer.
How to claim for industrial injury
If you believe you have suffered or are currently suffering from an industrial disease, you will need to back up your claim with medical evidence, so it is important that you gather as much evidence as you can before submitting your claim. Our friendly, professional team are on hand 24/7 to take your call and can offer advice and assistance.
How we can help
At Accident Advice Helpline, our 100% no win, no fee service awards over £30 million each year, and you could find out how much you could claim now with our 30-second claims calculator. Our industrial injury compensation lawyers are on hand to help you claim what is rightfully yours.
We aim to make the whole claims process as quick and easy as possible, and most claims are settled over the phone, so it’s unlikely you will need to attend court. Don’t suffer in silence if you have experienced illness as the result of an industrial disease – call us today and see how we can help you; we can usually tell you within 30 seconds whether your claim is viable.