How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Common hazards in the food industry

    Whether you work as a caterer, in a kitchen or in a factory, there are plenty of common hazards in the food industry that could leave you injured if you’re not careful. It doesn’t have to be a lack of care on your part that leads to an accident – you could just as easily be injured by a careless colleagues or a negligent employer, in which case you could make a personal injury claim.

    How did your accident happen?

    When you think about it, working in the food industry can be a pretty dangerous job. Common hazards in the food industry could include:

    • Food poisoning from contaminated food or food past its use-by date
    • Chemical hazards – Toxic chemicals used for cleaning or pest control could cause respiratory problems or skin conditions
    • Sharp objects such as knives or slicing machines
    • Heavy machinery, for example in a factory or processing plant, which could cause crush injuries or lacerations
    • Slips, trips or falls on wet or damaged flooring, or tripping over stock
      Manual handling or repetitive strain injuries

    If you’ve been injured whilst working in the food industry, ask yourself who is to blame for your accident. Chances are, if your employer didn’t provide you with the training you needed or if they have been negligent in some other way, you could make a personal injury claim. There’s a three-year time limit to make a personal injury claim of any kind, so it makes sense to find out if you are eligible by getting in touch with a personal injury lawyer.

    Should you claim compensation?

    If you’ve been injured by common hazards in the food industry, it’s completely up to you whether or not you make a claim for compensation. Those who have been forced to take time off work to recover from their injuries may find their finances are affected by loss of earnings. By making a personal injury claim, you can be compensated not only for your pain and suffering, but for financial losses too, which could make life easier for you whilst you’re off work recovering from your injuries.

    Give Accident Advice Helpline a call today on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you have a viable claim, or take the 30-second test on our website to see how much compensation you could be entitled to. It’s free to call and get expert advice from our experienced team.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: May 30, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.