Working amongst chemicals means you’re going to be exposed to some of the most common hazards in the chemical industry. But if your employer takes health and safety seriously, it’s going to be OK. However if your employer has been negligent and this has led to you being injured in an accident, you could make a personal injury claim. In case you’re wondering what some of the hazards we’re talking about are, keep reading.
How could you be injured?
Common hazards in the chemical industry could leave you seriously injured, which could affect the rest of your life. But what sort of hazards could you face if you work in the industry?
- Chemical spills, which could cause slips and trips
- Chemicals stored in unmarked containers, which could be toxic and cause respiratory or skin conditions
- Contact with hazardous chemicals that could lead to conditions such as cancer and leukaemia
- Shelving where chemicals are stored being unsuitable for the weight of containers – if this collapses chemicals could splash in your eyes or your face, leading to eye injuries or even loss of sight
- Chemical spillages could lead to an explosion or fire if there is a spark, for example from a cigarette or faulty electrics
If you’ve been affected by any of the above, you may have sustained minor injuries and be on the road to recovery. But don’t let that stop you from pursuing a personal injury claim. At the end of the day, if your employer has been negligent, you’re entitled to make a personal injury claim.
Get in touch today
There’s no obligation to go ahead with a claim when you contact Accident Advice Helpline. So if you have any questions about making a claim or what happens next, you can call our personal injury advisors on 0800 689 0500. It’s free to call and get confidential advice. Whether you’ve suffered minor injuries or your whole life has changed as a result of serious injuries sustained in a workplace accident, we are here to help. It won’t cost you the earth to make a claim either, as our team of personal injury lawyers works on a 100% no win, no fee basis.
You want a personal injury lawyer you can trust, and we’ve been helping people claim for over 15 years, so we really know our stuff. During that time we’ve handled hundreds of claims for workplace accidents and injuries, and even been endorsed by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen.