Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Common hazards in the agriculture industry

Did you know that more fatalities occur in the agriculture industry than in any other industry in the UK? Working in agriculture can be a dangerous job, and there are common hazards in the agriculture industry which could lead to serious injury or even death. However with the right approach to health and safety and a little caution, most accidents can be prevented. If you’ve been unlucky enough to be injured whilst working on a farm or in another agricultural setting, Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim personal injury compensation, and our personal injury lawyers work on a no win no fee basis.

What could go wrong?

If you’re wondering what some of the most common hazards in the agriculture industry are, here are a few examples to share with you:

  • Animals – You could be bitten or trampled by an animal and suffer serious injuries
  • Contact with hazardous chemicals such as pesticides, which could cause skin conditions, respiratory problems or cancer
  • Vehicles – Combine harvesters and tractors could roll-over whilst being operated, causing serious crush injuries, or hit you if you are behind or in front of the vehicle whilst the engine is on
  • Heat or cold exposure
  • Silo pits can be dangerous as workers can be overcome by fumes, fall in and drown
  • Contact with overhead power lines could cause electrocution

If you’ve been injured whilst working in an agricultural role, you could find yourself eligible to make a personal injury claim within three years of your accident. You’ll need to prove that somebody else was liable for your accident (such as your employer) and Accident Advice Helpline can gather evidence in support of your claim. For example if you suffered chemical burns after spilling chemicals that were stored in unmarked bottles, you could make a personal injury claim and be compensated for your pain, suffering and loss of earnings.

Claiming compensation for loss of earnings

If you’ve been injured due to the common hazards in the agriculture industry and you’ve been forced to take time off work to recover, claiming personal injury compensation could help you out financially. Our expert personal injury lawyers work on a no win no fee basis and we take into account your loss of earnings when working out your settlement. Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 5659 and find out if you could make a claim, or take the 30-second test™ on our website right now, to see how much compensation you could be entitled to.