When you send your child off to school or drop them at nursery, you expect them to be safe until it’s time to pick them up. We rely on the nursery or school staff to take care of our children, and we presume the environment they will be in is safe. But accidents can and do happen in school and nursery playgrounds. So what are some of the most common causes of playground accidents?
What caused your child’s accident in a playground?
Common causes of playground accidents could include:
- Damaged equipment, such as a broken climbing frame or swing, which could cause lacerations or a fall from height
- Poor supervision or total lack of supervision by staff
- Collision with another child, which could cause bumps, bruises or more serious head injuries
- Damaged tarmac/playing surface which could lead to a trip and fall
- Other children throwing things which could hit your child
- Choking accidents, for example if young children are eating whilst they are playing
If your child has been injured, your natural instinct is to protect them and to get to the bottom of what happened. Whether they have suffered minor injuries or more serious ones, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation on their behalf if it turns out that more could have been done to prevent their accident from happening. Whether faulty equipment or staff negligence was the cause of your child’s accident, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you have a viable claim.
Claiming compensation for playground accidents
Although the most common causes of playground accidents can often be avoided, if school or nursery staff are not negligent, this isn’t much consolation if your child has already been injured. Why not pick up the phone and call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 – it’s free to call and we are open 24/7 – for confidential, no-obligation advice and to find out if you have a viable claim. Our team of expert advisors is on hand to answer any questions you have, and we’ve been helping people claim personal injury compensation since 2000.
So however your child has been injured, you can get in touch with us to get the ball rolling on your claim. To find out how much compensation you could be entitled, to, just head for our website to try our 30-second online claim calculator.
Date Published: May 13, 2016
Author: Paula Beaton