Industrial accidents have the potential to cause serious, life-changing injuries which could affect your ability to return to work and earn a living. If you’ve been injured in an industrial accident, your whole life could change, and if somebody else is to blame, you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence. But what are some of the most common causes of industrial accidents? Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people claim compensation since 2000, and since then we have handled claims for hundreds of different types of industrial accidents.
What types of industrial accidents are the most common?
Common causes of industrial accidents could include:
- Chemical spills or contact with chemicals that have not been properly stored or labelled as hazardous
- Inhaling asbestos during building works – for example from a roof
- Hearing damage from not wearing proper hearing protection in a noisy environment
- Objects falling from height, such as off a conveyor belt or from a crane, and hitting somebody
- Falls from height
- Fires, for example a fire in a food processing factory
- Machinery accidents – usually involving machinery with moving parts such as rollers, where hands or clothing can become trapped
If you have been injured in an industrial accident, it could be that your employer is responsible – for example if they have not provided you with protective equipment or if you have been injured by faulty machinery. If they’re responsible, they could be ordered to pay you personal injury compensation for your pain, suffering and any loss of earnings that have occurred as a result of your accident.
Should you make a claim for compensation?
Whether you’ve been injured due to one of the common causes of industrial accidents or something else entirely, you could find you’re eligible to make a claim for compensation. So give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 and get confidential, no-obligation advice from our team of expert advisors. It’s free to call our 24/7 helpline, and our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis, so you can make a claim even if you are struggling financially after your accident.
We are endorsed by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen, for our excellent customer service, so get in touch with us today to find out if you could make a personal injury claim. If you’d like to get an idea of how much compensation you could be entitled to, head for our website right now and take the 30-second test.
Date Published: May 13, 2016
Author: Paula Beaton