Cycling injuries can range from minor injuries such as cuts and bruises to life-changing head injuries, and it’s important to be aware of your personal safety, whether you’re cycling off-road or on a busy road. If you’ve been injured in a cycling accident, claiming personal injury compensation could be an option, if somebody else is to blame for your accident. But what are some of the most common causes of cycling injuries?
Cyclists take note – this could happen to you
Some of the most common causes of cycling injuries are actually things which could be avoided with a little care. Here are a few examples of the types of accidents Accident Advice Helpline has handled claims for since we were established in 2000:
- Cyclists being hit by another vehicle
- Cyclists injured by faulty bikes, for example a rental bike with faulty brakes
- Another driver reversing and hitting a cyclist, for example in a car park
- Injuries caused by pedestrians stepping out in front of cyclists
- Injuries caused by hazards on the road, for example damaged road surfaces or debris on the road after an earlier accident
- Serious injuries caused by faulty safety equipment, for example a faulty cycle helmet which didn’t protect you in the event of an accident
If you’ve been injured in a cycling accident, you might be wondering if you’re eligible to claim personal injury compensation. The answer is, probably, if somebody else’s negligence has caused your accident. For example if you’ve been knocked off your bike by a dangerous driver and broken your arm, you could claim compensation for your pain, suffering and any loss of earnings from taking time off work to recover from your injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline to the rescue
If you’ve been injured due to one of the common causes of cycling injuries (or any other type of accident), we could help you to get the compensation you deserve. Provided it has been three years or less since your accident, you can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you have a viable claim. Our team of expert personal injury advisors are on hand to answer your questions – we have over 15 years’ experience, so we really know our stuff. Whether you’ve suffered minor injuries or a more serious, life-changing injury in a cycling accident, we’re here to make sure you are compensated for your pain, suffering and the impact your injuries have had on your life.