How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Cocktail bar injury advice

    Many people are reluctant to seek cocktail bar injury advice because they are embarrassed for being injured in front of their friends or because they think their own actions contributed to the injury. Despite these feelings, it is important to seek treatment and advice over an injury to avoid long-term problems.

    Seeking medical cocktail bar injury advice

    If you are hurt whilst in a cocktail bar, the best thing to do is alert the bar manager or another staff member. The venue should have first aid available to treat your injury on the spot to prevent it getting worse.

    Depending on the severity of your injury, you may need to go to hospital. If you can, ask a sober friend to drive you to the nearest after-hours doctor or emergency centre. For very serious injuries, the staff should call an ambulance to take you to hospital.

    If you asked for an ambulance but no one called one for you, or one was obviously required but not sought, then the venue management may well have failed in the duty of care to patrons and you may be entitled to compensation.

    In the days following your injury, it can be a good idea to book an appointment with your own general practitioner to have your injury assessed. If you were treated at the hospital you may also need to go back as an outpatient to receive more cocktail bar injury advice, and possibly book extra treatment such as physiotherapy.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Legal cocktail bar injury advice

    If you have been injured and someone else was at fault for that injury, then you may be able to claim compensation. Even if you admit you were a little drunk at the time of your accident, that may not necessarily adversely affect your claim as long as you are truthful from the beginning.

    You should not be embarrassed about seeking cocktail bar injury advice from a company such as Accident Advice Helpline and discussing compensation. You may feel silly for deciding to have the cocktail with liquid nitrogen – a trend which has led to many injuries in the past few years – but that doesn’t mean you are any less entitled to compensation than anyone else.

    If you can prove that the cocktail bar was negligent in causing your injury, for example by not adequately clearing up a spillage that you slipped on, or by serving unsafe food or drinks, then the bar owners may be liable. Most reputable companies will carry insurance to deal with this type of issue, so you should not feel bad about asking for compensation.

    Using a professional company can help you deal with the claims process more easily. Our friendly advisers have dealt with many cases over the years and have seen may different injuries, and they will never judge you on the circumstances of your accident.

    You can contact us on our 24-hour helpline for cocktail bar injury advice by calling 0800 689 0500 or on 0333 500 0993 on your mobile phone. You can also find more information on our website and even start the claims process online if you wish.

    Date Published: June 29, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident in a bar

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.