How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Clubbing accident claim

    Accident Advice Helpline offers legal representation to clients if they need to make a clubbing accident claim. You can make a claim for compensation if you have been injured while at a drinking establishment such as a nightclub or bar during the last three years. If you think the accident could have been prevented, then someone may be liable. If this is the case, we can use one of our expert solicitors to maximise your compensation. It has never been easier to make a claim due to our no-win, no-fee policy.

    Occupier’s liability

    Slipping accidents are common occurrences in nightclubs. However, even if it was accidental there may be grounds to pursue a claim if a spillage resulted in you suffering a heavy fall. All bar and club owners or building owners have a duty to protect customers from harm while they are on the premises. An employer should use an inspection system to identify spillages and signpost them to reduce the risks posed to others. If they failed to do this and you were injured during a slip, trip or fall then you are within your rights to seek compensation. The claims are classed as public liability or occupier’s liability claims.

    Criminal injury

    Unfortunately, assaults and other violent crimes can occur in nightclubs from time to time. These accidents can be very serious and usually involve the police and the individuals involved may well be prosecuted. You can make a criminal injury claim if as a victim an act of violence has a detrimental impact on your life. This also extends to staff members who may have been sexually or physically assaulted by customers. Your employer has to ensure your safety at all times, so they may be liable if you were injured. We recommend that you call our free, 24-helpline on 0800 180 4123 to find out all the rules of regulations for criminal injury claims.

    Door staff

    Accident Advice Helpline can also make a claim on your behalf if a ‘bouncer’ seriously injured you. In these circumstances, clients can claim with the criminal injuries compensation authority or against the owner of the establishment, depending on the accident. We will need to get the full details of the incident so we can suggest what would be best for you.

    Why claim?

    A personal injury claim can compensate you for the injuries you sustained while at a nightclub. A night out with friends is supposed to fun, so it can be difficult to come to terms with injuries that have affected your working and daily life. Making a claim will not only help your financial position, but will also improve health and safety standards for other customers in the future.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can use our free 30-second online compensation calculator straight away to see the estimated value of your clubbing accident claim. If you decide to press ahead with your claim, then get in touch with our advisors. They will match you with a solicitor who will collect the necessary evidence to support your claim.

    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.