How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claims for injury compensation

    Claims for injury compensation

    If a person wants to make claims for injury compensation, it must have happened under certain circumstances. For example, the most hazardous places of our daily lives are on the roads, at work, especially travelling to and from work, which journey accounts for up to 30% of road accidents and at sports events, usually participating.

    To have valid claims for injury, the accident must have been the fault of a third party, have required that the injured person receive medical attention either at the scene or as a direct result of the injury and the claim must be lodged within three years of the incident itself.

    It is important to have a medical examination as soon as possible to support the claims for injury and the reason is that sometimes injuries are slow to reveal themselves and your lawyer will need to have a detailed report going back to source. So don’t miss out on those early stages, especially if you have suffered a blow to the head, neck or spine in a collision on the sports field, or as a result of an impact with another vehicle. Get an expert opinion straight away.

    To back up your claims for injury, your solicitor will need all documentation and receipts. You may not necessarily recoup all these costs, but they all contribute to the whole picture, giving your legal representative the best possible chance of putting forward your case accurately.

    If there were witnesses and they are prepared to support your story even better, so make sure to get their names and contact details.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Photos are always invaluable. Pictures tell a thousand words, they say and it’s true, especially pictures of your injuries.

    For people who make claims for injury sustained at work, a supervisor or a colleague should record the incident in the Accident Book or, for firms over a certain size, to report it to the Health and Safety Executive.

    For road traffic accidents, obtain the details of the other driver and vehicle, and even if at the time you don’t think you will be making a claim, it is wise to tell your insurance company immediately.

    Date Published: March 22, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.