You may be surprised to know that there are many fatalities associated with falls from height each year and so safety in the workplace should be taken very seriously by your employer. If you have been let down and suffered with traumatic fall injuries after you were involved in an accident at work which wasn’t your fault, we would like to help you get the support you need. You could even be entitled to a large compensation payout for your ordeal.
How do falls at work happen?
Falls can happen for a number of reasons, some of which include:
- Poor training or safety management
- Poor equipment – ladders, harnesses, scaffolding etc.
- No checks or maintenance being carried out on equipment and tools
- Staff who are not competent or comfortable working at height
- Using equipment incorrectly
- No risk assessments being carried out on potential dangers
Were you affected by a fall at work in one of the ways mentioned or in different circumstances? You may be able to make a claim for compensation which your employer should be insured to cover. To find out more you can speak to us over the phone.
How to avoid traumatic fall injuries
HSE states that falls from height are one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries. Furthermore, common causes of these fatalities and injuries are from ladder falls and falling through fragile roofing.
Ways to avoid suffering from a serious fall at work include:
- Completing as much work as possible on ground level to minimise danger while working at height i.e. avoid taking work up to height which can be completed beforehand
- Ensure you are using the right equipment and check that it is in good condition
- Don’t overload or overreach when working at height
- Take precaution when working on fragile surfaces
- Make sure you are safe from any falling objects which could knock you over
What to do if you have been hurt
If you have been suffering from traumatic fall injuries caused by someone else’s negligence at work, Accident Advice Helpline would like to hear from you to discuss your accident in more detail. You could be entitled to claim compensation so find out today.
You can call our experienced and friendly team on our freephone number on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 for mobiles).
Date Published: November 7, 2016
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims