How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming council negligence compensation

    Claiming council negligence compensation

    ‘Negligence’ is a word that you’ll hear lots when talking about personal injury claims, but what does it mean and how do you determine if it has occurred? Negligence is when somebody (an organisation or an individual) fails to pay proper care and attention. For example, if your employer doesn’t provide you with the proper training to use power tools at work, they could be deemed to have been negligent.

    But negligence can cover a wide range of things, and it can often be tough to determine who is to blame for an accident if you have been injured. In the case of council negligence compensation, a personal injury lawyer can help to work out whether the council has actually been negligent. This could include things like failing to ensure that footpaths in your area are properly maintained or allowing building work involving asbestos to be carried out at a local primary school without taking proper precautions. Both of these situations could lead to an accident or serious injury, and if something like this has happened to you then you could claim council negligence compensation.

    The first step towards making a claim is to contact a personal injury lawyer within three years of your accident. That’s because there’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, although it’s recommended you get in touch as soon as possible after you have been injured.

    Supporting your claim

    Your personal injury lawyer will need to gather evidence in support of your claim, which could include speaking to medical professionals such as your doctor or any hospital staff involved in your treatment in order to ascertain the extent of your injuries. This is particularly important in claims involving life-changing injuries such as spinal injuries, which impact your quality of life in the future. They’ll also need to gather evidence to prove that council negligence has occurred.

    Sit back and relax

    There’s not a lot more to do once you have contacted a personal injury lawyer other than sit back, relax and let Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team of lawyers handle your claim. Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 today to find out more about how we can help you and to receive confidential, no-obligation advice. We’ve helped hundreds of people just like you to claim compensation from their local council and could help you, too. If you don’t ask, you don’t get, so call us today to see whether you have a viable claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Accident in a public place

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.