How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming for construction injuries

    Claiming for construction injuries

    The construction industry can be dangerous. There are lots of regulations that must be followed which are aimed at keeping workers and the general public safe from accidents. If you are injured working on a construction site, you may be entitled to claim compensation, even if you are self-employed rather than an actual employee of a company.

    Employers have a legal obligation to have insurance to cover the compensation for any employees who are injured or catch a disease whilst working for them. This ensures that employees who are injured at work through no fault of their own are able to support themselves and their family if they need to take time off to recover. The compensation will also include an amount for pain and suffering caused on top of the payment for loss of earnings. This is paid by the employer’s insurance company, so there is no need to worry that you are taking money from your employer if you make a claim.

    It is obviously best to prevent accidents happening, so you should ensure that you always wear the correct equipment and follow all of the procedures in place to keep you safe, even if there seems little sense in them to you. You should also report any potential risks that you encounter so that they can be removed or reduced before someone gets hurt.

    Many workers on construction sites are self-employed, but may still be able to make a claim if they suffer construction injuries whilst working. When working solely for one employer that tells you what to do and where to go on a daily basis, you are considered an employee in technical terms. In this case, you need to be covered under the insurance of the company for whom you are working, and will be able to claim compensation if you are involved in an accident that was not your fault.

    If you work for several companies and are considered to be self-employed and responsible for your own safety, you may still be able to claim compensation if the site you are working on is unsafe, or the tools you are given to use are defective.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline, as we specialise in compensation claims and will be able to advise you on your chances of making a successful claim and the best way to proceed.  If you are injured on a construction site, you should record the details as soon as possible so that you have a clear account of what happened, and obtain the details of any witnesses who will back up your version of events. In this way, you will have the evidence to prove that the injury that happened to you was the fault of the company on whose site you were working, or the fault of one of their employees.

    If you are injured in an accident that is not your fault, you should seek the compensation to which you are entitled. Here at Accident Advice Helpline we operate a no win no fee* policy, therefore you really have nothing to lose. Call us today on 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: October 11, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Construction accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.