How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a T12 back injury

    Back injuries range in severity, but a T12 back injury is amongst the most serious types of back injury you can sustain. This type of injury is to the Thoracic Nerves in the mid back. These nerves affect the muscles of the back and your abdominal muscles, and an injury to these nerves usually causes paraplegia, so you’ll be confined to a wheelchair. Most people who suffer a T12 back injury will have normal upper body movement and be able to use a manual wheelchair, but it’s common to lose voluntary control of the bowel and bladder.

    As you can imagine, this type of injury can have a serious impact on your life, and you may be able to claim personal injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline after your accident.

    How does a T12 back injury affect your life?

    You could sustain a T12 back injury in an industrial accident at work, a fall from height or even a road traffic accident, and the impact on your life can be immense. Being unable to control your bladder and bowel voluntarily means you’ll need specialist equipment to go to the toilet and possibly assistance. You may need to invest in a modified car and there will be other costs too, such as specialist equipment and a wheelchair. Some people who suffer this type of injury find they’re able to stand with a standing frame or walk with the aid of braces.

    All this treatment and equipment can impact your finances and you may need to modify your home to make it wheelchair accessible too. Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim compensation to cover the cost of any expenses you’ve suffered as a result of your accident, as well as compensation for your pain and suffering.

    Can I claim on behalf of somebody else?

    If a family member has suffered a serious spinal injury then you could make a claim for compensation on their behalf, provided it has been three years or less since their accident. The easiest way to find out if you have a viable claim is to call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to get advice from our expert team. We’ve been endorsed by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen, for our excellent customer service, so you can trust us to handle your claim professionally, efficiently and sympathetically.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 23, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Back injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.