How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a road accident involving a child

    Road accidents occur for all kinds of reasons. In many cases they can be avoided if one or more people were to drive more safely or take action that would avoid an accident – or a potential accident – from occurring in the first place.

    It is always important to follow the Highway Code and to ensure you keep within the speed limits at all times. If this is the case you can reduce the odds of having an accident because you will have more time to react. However this doesn’t always work, as is the case if a child should step or run out into the road with no warning. In this case you may see them and swerve to avoid them, but this evasive action could cause you to have an accident and become injured.

    While it would be a relief to have avoided hitting a child, it would also have consequences for you. It is possible for accidents to potentially occur in this way, resulting in injuries to other people who were not at fault for the accident happening in the first place. As you can see, this could be quite serious.

    How severe could a road accident involving a child be?

    As you can see, a child does not need to be injured in an accident like this for injuries to occur. Evasive action might be required if a child has no road sense and doesn’t look for traffic. In addition to this it is possible that other cars could be involved as the result of the evasive action being taken in the first place. It is one of those situations where road users are not at fault – they have behaved correctly and yet have been injured as a result.

    Seeking compensation for a road accident involving a child

    It is always a good idea to seek professional legal advice if you have been in a situation like this. If it has occurred within the last three years you have every right to consider a no win, no fee* claim. The professional injury compensation lawyers at AAH will help you understand whether there is an opportunity to bring such a claim. Our enquiry line is open 24/7 so call us now free of charge to find out more information. You could be a phone call away from setting a compensation claim in motion.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 11, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.