How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for poor treatment or neglect

    Care homes do a marvellous job of looking after elderly people and others that are unable to live on their own for some reason. The staff in care homes are trained and experienced in providing a high level of care around the clock in lots of different ways.

    Of course while the vast majority of care homes and their staff provide excellent facilities and the ability to take good care of the residents there are rare occasions when the standard can fall short. If this should occur it can have a marked effect on those who are on the receiving end of that care. If there are not enough employees or the care is sub-standard then the odds of poor treatment or neglect arising become bigger. This can lead to all manner of incidents, such as malnutrition or an increase in the chances of falling or having an accident due to poor treatment or neglect.

    Everyone working in this kind of environment has a duty of care to consider and that must be upheld at all times. Poor treatment or neglect tends to occur when this duty of care is not upheld.

    Could you be entitled to compensation in a situation like this?

    Yes, there is the possibility this could happen. It is important to bear in mind the issue of negligence, since this will determine whether you have the ability to make a claim for compensation. You must have evidence that negligence was to blame for the situation, and this is where a professional injury compensation lawyer can be useful. They will help assess the situation and what occurred. Both physical and mental injuries and distress can be claimed for in the context of compensation; a lawyer can help work out what might be payable if you do bring a successful claim.

    Let Accident Advice Helpline assist you in making a no win, no fee** claim

    If you believe you or a relative has suffered in this way in the past three years, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as you can. Contact AAH today on our free 24/7 enquiry line to find out whether you are in a position to put in a claim for compensation as a result of going through poor treatment or neglect. We are here to help around the clock so why not call us now?

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.