How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for midwife negligence

    Claiming compensation for midwife negligence

    Whether you are pregnant with your first baby or becoming a mum for the fifth time, having a baby is an exciting, joyous experience; or at least, it should be. Whilst most medical staff including doctors, midwives and nurses are very good at their jobs and take a professional approach to patient care, sadly there will always be those who care less and are negligent. Negligent midwives and doctors can have a serious impact on your pregnancy, particularly if you are classed as having a high-risk pregnancy.

    Even if you’re not having a high-risk pregnancy, there are complications which can occur during pregnancy and birth, so mothers need to be monitored regularly, with action taken if anything abnormal is discovered. If your midwife fails to carry out regular checks or is negligent in their treatment of you and you or your baby are injured as a result, claiming compensation for midwife negligence may be an option you wish to look into.

    Have you been injured due to medical negligence?

    Failure to monitor a woman and her baby during pregnancy can be classed as medical negligence, and could have serious consequences; the following are some examples of medical negligence:

    • Failure to monitor signs of foetal distress such as your baby’s raised or lowered heart rate
    • Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose conditions affecting a pregnancy, such as pre-eclampsia
    • Failing to diagnose and treat infections
    • Failure to refer you to a specialist for further treatment if needed

    If either you or your baby has been injured, you may be considering claiming compensation for midwife negligence, and you’ll need a reliable personal injury lawyer to handle your claim. Choose a law firm that has experience in handling claims for medical negligence compensation.

    Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?

    With over 15 years’ experience in the personal injury industry, Accident Advice Helpline has helped hundreds of customers claim compensation for medical negligence, accidents at work, food poisoning and more. So we can help you, no matter what your situation. Call us today and we’ll usually be able to tell you within 30 seconds whether you have a viable claim – there’s no obligation to proceed with a claim and we offer confidential advice to all our customers. You’ll be pleased to know that our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you don’t even need to worry about legal fees upfront.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: October 30, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.