How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a groundworking accident

    Working in the construction industry can be dangerous – you are often working  outside with heavy industrial equipment  in all weathers and carrying out dangerous work, some of which could be at height. As with any type of work, the risks can be minimised if you take certain steps to protect yourself. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure that your working environment is safe – this includes providing equipment which has been well-maintained and regularly checked, and ensuring that staff are following procedures.

    If your employer has not met their responsibilities and you have been injured as a result, you may be considering claiming compensation for a groundworking accident. There’s no need to feel guilty or unsure about making a claim – if your employer is to blame for your injury, you deserve to be compensated. You could also consider reporting them to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who may carry out their own investigation. There is usually a three year time limit in place to make a claim, so don’t miss out.

    How have you been injured?

    Groundworking accidents can cause injuries which vary in severity, so whether you have been injured in a piling accident or have developed Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) after using vibrating jackhammers and other equipment, you may be considering claiming compensation for a groundworking accident. Your employer should ensure you’re trained in the use of vibrating equipment, that you are supplied with PPE and that you take regular breaks. It is your employer’s responsibility to provide a safe working environment, so be objective about how your injury happened and what caused it. If you’ve been injured, even if you are not sure who is to blame for your accident, get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to see how much you could claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline to the rescue

    Accidents at work are unfortunately all too common, and we have helped hundreds of customers like you claim the compensation they deserve for groundworking accidents. Accident Advice Helpline’s team of professional personal injury lawyers will listen to your situation, offering confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ service. No matter how you have been injured whilst working in construction, we can help, so take the 30-second test on our website right now, to see how much you could claim, then get in touch today by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: December 6, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.