How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a food industry injury

    Working in the food industry can be a surprisingly dangerous job – just think about all the heavy machinery used in poultry processing factories and even packaging plants? You rely on your employer to keep you safe, and it’s their job to ensure that the equipment you use at work on a daily basis has been inspected and well-maintained, creating a safe work environment. They should also ensure that all staff using machinery have been properly trained and are aware of the risks.

    If you are injured in an accident at work, and you believe your employer’s negligence is responsible, claiming compensation for a food industry injury could be on the cards. You could report your injury to the Health and Safety Executive, who may carry out their own investigations, and if you are a member of a union, it’s also a good idea to report this to them.

    Then get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to see if you are eligible to claim compensation, but remember there is a three year time limit in place to make a claim.

    How have you been injured?

    Here are just a few examples of the types of injury you could sustain whilst working in the food industry:

    • Crush injury after trapping your hand in machinery or being struck by a vehicle such as a fork-lift truck
    • Falling into machinery
    • Broken bones, cuts and bruises sustained after a fall from height
    • Head injury caused by objects falling from height
    • Electrocuted by unsafe machine
    • Slip, trip or fall

    If you have been injured at work, claiming compensation for a food industry injury doesn’t have to be complicated. By choosing the right personal injury lawyer, you can ensure that your claim is handled professionally and efficiently and you get the compensation you so rightfully deserve.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline to the rescue

    We’re here to help you get that compensation, however you have been injured, so get in touch with us today. Our team of professional personal injury lawyers have 14 years’ experience in the industry, and we offer confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% no win, no fee* service, so whether you’re ready to make a claim or simply want to find out more about what that involves, you can call our freephone helpline today.

    We’re here 24/7 to take your call, or you could always head for our website where you can take the 30-second test, to find out right now how much you could claim.

    Date Published: December 6, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.