How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation after electric shock NHS care

    Most electric shock NHS care is of excellent quality, and will assess the condition of any patient that has received an electrical shock of some degree. In mild cases, you may decide to see your GP to confirm you are safe and that you have no lasting effects from the shock. However, in cases where the shock is more serious, you may be treated in hospital following the incident.

    Most people who are treated by the NHS receive excellent care. Additionally, some who have been shocked have survived only because of the care they received. Perhaps you are in the same situation now.

    Are you wondering about negligence after getting electric shock NHS care?

    If you received a nasty shock that required hospital treatment, the whole episode can be quite frightening. Once you are recovering from any injuries you suffered through the shock, you might start to think back to how it happened. Do you remember what happened? Were there witnesses to the event? Did it happen at work, or did it happen in some other situation you were in?

    Whatever the case was for you, you should consider whether negligence was part of the situation. For example, if you were working at the time, did you experience a shock from exposed wires on your computer? Did you receive a shock from a faulty kettle in your work kitchen? If you think an appliance or piece of machinery should have been checked and safe and it wasn’t, you may have a case to answer.

    Find out more about your legal position today

    This is the best way to find out if you can claim something in compensation after you have received electric shock NHS care for your injuries, which will of course be your priority. Once this step has been completed, you will want to find out more about any possibility that exists to receive compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    This is where we may be able to help you. By calling 0800 689 0500, you can speak with someone at Accident Advice Helpline. Mobile users can ring 0333 500 0993 to talk to someone with experience in assessing all kinds of claims. Even if you don’t think you have a case, it is always better to know for sure. That is easier to do when you call us, because you can benefit from no-obligation advice when you do.

    Date Published: April 10, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Electric shock injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.