How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation from a district nurse

    District nurses can work in your local GP clinic or they can work in hospitals aiding doctors in their daily tasks. They may often visit people in the community to provide care and advice regarding injuries, illnesses and medication. They are often tasked with taking blood tests, taking blood pressure and checking for symptoms of minor illnesses. They are also able to prescribe medication, tend to wounds, change catheters and assess a patients’ need for certain assisted living equipment. Many elderly people in the community benefit from regular visits from a district nurse as do those with chronic illnesses, mental illnesses or disabilities. This type of nurse can also help rehabilitate an individual who has trouble going about normal daily activities. Although it is uncommon, there may be cases where medication is not prescribed when it should be or the proper care is not given to a patient. In these cases, compensation may be claimed from the district nurse where there is evidence of negligence.

    Negligence claims and district nurses

    Like any GP or other medical practitioner, district nurses have a duty of care to all patients and should always follow protocol to avoid injuries, accidents or medical malpractice. If a nurse is unsure about prescribing medication, a GP should be consulted to avoid any wrong treatment. If a district nurse does not advise a patient on how to take this medication and monitor the administration of this medication, then a patient could overdose or suffer illness. Additionally, nurses should always follow training when changing catheters or when checking blood pressure. Should you or a family member suffer an illness or become more ill due to medical malpractice, then you could file a claim for compensation where there is evidence of negligence.

    How to file your claim with Accident Advice Helpline

    You can start your claim online by using our 30-second test or you can give us a call on our 24-hour helpline to speak to an expert regarding any potential medical malpractice. If you have evidence someone was negligent and you or a family member has been ill or injured, then we could help you win a cash payout from the party at fault. Our no win, no fee* policy means that you do not have to suffer financial instability in order to file your claim. Our no-obligation advice will help you decide whether to pursue your case and potentially win a cash payout to help with the loss of wages or any unforeseen costs associated with your resulting illness or injury.

    Date Published: July 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.