How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a crash with a newly-passed driver

    Passing your driving test gives you freedom and independence like never before. Unfortunately, it also makes some young drivers over-confident, and drivers aged between 17 and 19 account for nearly 12% of all accidents on the road, despite the fact that only 1.5% of the total number of licensed drivers are in this age range.

    So why is this? Perhaps it is a combination of over-confidence and lack of experience; young people are more likely to take risks and make spur-of-the-moment decisions, and in a driving scenario this could easily lead to an accident. There is also the element of peer pressure and wanting to impress their friends whilst driving, plus it is all too easy for them to become distracted by looking at their mobile phone or changing the tracks on their iPod. If you have been involved in a crash with a newly-passed driver, you might be wondering whether you can claim compensation. The good news is that if the other driver in question was responsible for the accident, you should be able to make a claim, but remember that a three year time limit applies for all personal injury claims.

    How to make a claim

    If you have been involved in a crash with a newly-passed driver, you’re probably feeling frustrated and angry; after all, you have years of experience and would rate yourself as a careful driver. If the other driver in question is at fault for the accident, no matter how minor or severe your injuries, you can make a claim for compensation. This will normally be a claim against their insurer, but if they are uninsured, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) will consider claims for personal injury and property damage against uninsured drivers. A personal injury lawyer will be able to offer you advice and let you know the next steps to take.

    Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?

    When it comes to choosing a personal injury lawyer, you want one you can trust, and we’ve been in the business for 14 years. That’s not all we have to offer though – all our lawyers work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis, so our services are affordable to all, and we come highly recommended by our patron, UK consumer champion Esther Rantzen. You can call us right now, day or night, for confidential, no-obligation advice relating to your specific situation. Our freephone helpline is open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: December 6, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.