How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for Christmas food poisoning

    Christmas is all about festive family fun with the ones you love, and most people celebrate with a family meal on Christmas Day, either at home or out at a restaurant. But do you ever stop to think about the food hygiene rating of the restaurant you’re visiting?

    Whether you are attending for a work Christmas meal or for Christmas dinner with the whole family, it’s important to check out how hygienic the establishment is before eating there.

    Food poisoning can occur when proper care is not taken with regard to hygiene. For example, poor hand washing practices, storing food improperly (not keeping it refrigerated), failing to cook meat properly or contaminating cooked meat by storing it alongside raw meat could all cause food poisoning, and in some cases those affected may be seriously ill.

    Turkey is a popular traditional meat at Christmas, and the government always urge families to ensure their turkey is thoroughly cooked, but if you’re eating out at a restaurant, you’re relying on staff there to cook turkey properly, to avoid food poisoning.

    How to make a claim

    If you’re considering claiming compensation for Christmas food poisoning, it is a good idea to let the establishment in question know that you have suffered from food poisoning. They will usually take complaints very seriously and will want to ask you questions about what you ate whilst dining at the restaurant – they will probably also carry out their own investigations and may offer you some form of compensation such as a refund or a free meal. There’s a three year time limit in place to make a claim, so contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after you are struck down by food poisoning, to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim for compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming with Accident Advice Helpline

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we know that claiming compensation for Christmas food poisoning is a big decision, so we offer all our customers confidential, no-obligation advice. That means there’s no pressure to push ahead with a claim; just call our freephone helpline today to speak to a professional personal injury lawyer.

    We also offer a 100% no win, no fee* service, so there are no expensive upfront fees to pay – great if you’re still feeling the pinch after Christmas. Why not take the 30-second test on our website just now, to see how much you would claim, and then call our 24/7 helpline to find out if you have a viable claim?

    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.