How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for a children’s care home injury

    Minors who are without a legal guardian often spend some time in a children’s care home. Children are entered into homes for a variety of reasons and are among the most vulnerable people in society. Many have suffered some form of abuse or have feelings of abandonment or isolation meaning that they require a safe and supportive environment.

    Staff at the care home have a responsibility to care for these children and to protect them from harm. The responsibility also lies with the organisation which owns the care home also has a duty of care to ensure that its staff are performing their jobs to the levels expected of them.

    Unfortunately, there may be instances where the standard of care falls below the expected levels meaning that the children living there are at risk. This could be due to neglect or it could be due to abuse from staff. These are more serious cases, but a child may also suffer from injury due to a simple health and safety failure on the part of staff. Whatever the reason, if you have suffered from a children’s care home injury, it is your right to make a compensation claim.

    Potential failures in duty of care

    The company which owns the home has a duty of care which means that staff must be fully qualified and fully trained in order to ensure you are not put at risk. If you have been injured because of a lapse in this standard, you have a legal right to pursue compensation.

    This could be for a slip, trip or fall which caused you to sustain injuries or it could be due to neglect or abuse. Someone may wish to claim on your behalf, such as your current guardian, or you can come to Accident Advice Helpline for advice yourself.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to get in touch

    Accident Advice Helpline is open 24/7 so you can call us free at any time. Our experts are on hand to advice you on a potential claim for a children’s care home injury and you are under no obligation to pursue your claim.

    If you do, you will not have a penny to pay upfront making it easier for you to pursue the case. Our advisors are sympathetic and trustworthy so you will be in safe hands.

    Date Published: November 13, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.